BASE CAMP BOULDER 2022
Boulder CO - 5/25 - 5/30/22
Camp Cost: $249
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE FULL 5 DAYS OF CAMP - $249
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2 DAY OPTION - $125
$249 REGISTRATION FEE TODAY - 5/10/22
$299 REGISTRATION FEE 5/10/22 - 5/20/22
Registration has a hard stop close on May 20.
Includes: Group led training sessions. 1 BASE Hydro, 1 BASE Camp T-Shirt.
If you are interested in getting a bike fit while here in town, CLICK HERE to read about Ryan Ignatz and Colorado Multipsort. Email Ryan Directly if you want to schedule a fit with him while in town. email@example.com
- 1:00 - 6:00 Check in, welcome at Home BASE
- If you do not want to travel with product (Hydro, Bars, Salt) you can purchase it from us here and not pay shipping
- For those who will be here on Wednesday, some of us will be training during the day, just message Matt
- 9:00 - 1:00 - BIG RIDE wheels down from Home BASE at 9:00
- Group 1 - 4 hours, climb to top of Ward, Peak to Peak, down to Lyons and back to Home BASE.
- There is 2 stops to refill bottles along the way and buy food.
- Click HERE for the Strava Map Route
- Group 2 - Approx. 3 hours. Home BASE out to Carter Lake, loop, and back.
- There is only 1 stop for bottles along the way, and that is at the turnaround, Mile 25
- Click HERE for the Strava Map Route
- 4:30 - 6:00 - team swim at Rally Sport Boulder
- 6:00 - OFFICIAL CAMP ENDS FOR THE DAY
- 6:30 - optional group dinner at FULL CYCLE / COLORADO MULTISPORT BIKE SHOP - RSVP here.
- Ryan Ignatz, the master bike fitter who I have been going to for 13 years for my fits, will be our guest speaker for the night. The bike shop has a bar on the inside which serves beer, wine, and food. You are responsible for your food and drink this night.
- 8:00 - 8:30 - Easy jog on the trail behind home BASE
- 9:00 - 12:00 - Group Ride
- Relatively Flattish Recovery - 40 miles. Nothing hard. Ride from Home BASE to Stone Cup Coffee shop in Lyons, have coffee, ride back.
- 1:00 - 2:30 -team swim at Rally Sport Boulder
- 3:00 - OFFICIAL CAMP ENDS FOR THE DAY
- 4:30 - optional group dinner at AVERY BREWERY - RSVP here.
- 8:00 - 1:00 - Group Ride
- Group 1 - 5 hours up to Horsetooth - 2-3 stops
- Group 2 - 5 hours in the flats - 2 -3 stops
- Group 3 - 3 hours in the flats - 1-2 stops
- 4:00 - OFFICIAL CAMP ENDS FOR THE DAY
- 5:00 - Optional group dinner at Miller house backyard - RSVP here.
- 9:00 - 11:00 - Trail Run Out and Back or Boulder Rex Loop - you pick your distance
- Meet at Tom Watson Park 8:30
- 12:00 - 1:30 - team swim at Rally Sport Boulder
- 2:00 - OFFICIAL CAMP ENDS FOR THE DAY
- 5:00 - 8:00 - dinner, bowling and fun at The Summit Entertainment Center - you are responsible for your own food and drinks, camp entry covers your bowling lane and shoes rental. RSVP HERE
- BASE Team will run / jog / walk the Bolder Boulder 10K - RSVP HERE and I will email you a special registration info so we can all run together as a group - this is NOT a race for us. For example, Finn and Scout will be on course with us. We will all wear fun costumes.
GEAR YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
SWIM: GOGGLES. SUIT. TOWEL. PULL BUOY. PADDLES
BIKE: BE PREPARED FOR ALL TYPES OF WEATHER. NO TELLING WHAT THE DAY WILL BRING
RUN: BE PREPARED FOR ALL TYPES OF WEATHER. NO TELLING WHAT THE DAY WILL BRING
BIKE STORAGE. ALL RIDES START AND END FROM HOME BASE. IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE YOUR BIKES AT THE HOME BASE, YOU CAN DO SO. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TRANSPORT YOUR BIKE AROUND.
We are trying to provide these camps to our BASE team members basically free of charge, but in doing so we have to prevent everyone signing up and canceling at the last minute. Hence the reason for a small fee, but you will receive product upon arrival. We need to provide accurate numbers to the people who are helping us with the camps. If you register and at the last minute you cannot attend, you will NOT receive a refund on your payment or the product as we will have had to use the money to secure non refundable lane space in the pools.
This camp will be a big big mileage camp which will build on strength. It will not be technique based. We will never do anything harder than a Zone 2 effort. Except for some sprints in the pool. We will do a LOT of climbing in the Rocky Mountains.
We will start & Stop all of our rides and runs in BOULDER From Home BASE
We will be putting in 3,000 - 3,500 yards per swim workout.
- Thursday - we will be riding 2-3 hours
- Friday - 90 minutes to 2 hours - out on the Ironman Boulder bike course, group ride, nothing hard.
- Saturday - 4-5 hours - lots of the Ironman Boulder bike course, some climbing. We will group ride out to Carter lake.
- Sunday - no riding
- Friday - we will run 30 minutes easy before the bike to start the day
- Sunday - we will run 90 minutes to 2 hours before the swim - flat, easy, no climbing.
- Monday - we will have run at the Bolder Boulder 10K
Campers should arrive Wednesday at any time so they are prepared to go Thursday morning at 8 AM. We will do team dinners every night.
The focus of the camp is to train hard in the morning, have fun in the afternoon / evening and get to know other people.
HOME BASE - 6880 Winchester Circle, Boulder CO 80301
RALLY SPORT FITNESS - 2727 29th Street, Boulder CO
TOM WATSON PARK - 6180 North 63rd Street, Boulder, CO
ERIE AIR BNB - 1740 Phillips Court, Erie, CO
MILLER HOUSE - 58 Marlowe Drive, Erie, CO 80516
AVERY BREWERY - 4910 Nautilus Court, Boulder, CO 80301
FULL CYCLE / COLORADO MULTISPORT BIKE SHOP - 2355 30TH Street, Boulder, CO
SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT CENTER - 580 East 144th Ave, Thornton, CO