Electrolytes are a conductor of energy and are involved in every muscle contraction during training. If the body is low on electrolytes then muscle contraction cannot occur with the same force. When our electrolytes are combined with water the minerals that are inside the electrolytes can be released into ions, both positive and negatively charged. By doing this we are able to give the body a substantial boost of energy through these ionized minerals.
BASE Electrolyte Salt provides athletes with superior electrolyte replenishment, enabling them to maximize performance, stay hydrated and fight fatigue. More than just sodium chloride, BASE Salt’s all natural formula contains 84 essential minerals needed to maintain proper energy and fluid balance and avoid muscle cramps. BASE Salt’s unique crystalline form is very easily digested, rapidly absorbed and available in the bloodstream to replenish the electrolytes lost in sweat. Not only does it work quickly, it also prevents the gastrointestinal distress caused by many other electrolyte products. Add BASE Salt to your nutrition regime to take your training and competition to the next level.
- Sodium regulates fluid balance, blood pressure and acid-base balance in the body. It also facilitates the transmission nerve impulses in skeletal muscle, brain and heart tissue. Since it is lost in sweat, it must be replenished during strenuous or prolonged exercise to prevent potentially life-threatening hyponatremia.
- Potassium also plays an important role in fluid and acid-base balance, and it is particularly important for cardiac muscle contraction. It is also lost in sweat. Low potassium causes muscle weakness and severe depletion can induce heart arrhythmias.
- Magnesium actives the enzymes required for energy production. It also plays a role in skeletal muscle contraction and bone structure. Even small deficits impair performance and increase damage from exercise. Magnesium facilitates potassium absorption from the gastrointestinal tract and helps balance electrolytes.
- Chloride helps regulate fluid and acid-base balance in the body. Combined with hydrogen, it comprises the primary digestive acid in the stomach required to break down and absorb nutrients, and it may help the liver clear toxins. As the prominent negative ion in the body, it is commonly coupled with sodium and lost in sweat.
- Calcium in addition to promoting bone structure and repair, calcium enables heart muscle contraction, nerve transmission and regulates certain hormones. When depleted, the body usurps calcium from the bone, so supplementing helps protect bone health and integrity.
Also includes trace amounts of the following: actinium, aluminum, antimony, arsenic, astatine, barium, beryllium, bismuth, boron, bromine, cadmium, carbon, cerium, cesium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorine, francium, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, gold, hafnium, holmium, hydrogen, indium, iodine, iridium, iron, lanthanum, lead, lithium, lutetium, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, neodymium, neptunium, nickel, niobium, nitrogen, osmium, oxygen, palladium, phosphorus, platinum, plutonium, polonium, praseodymium, protactinium, radium, rhenium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, samarium, scandium, selenium, silicon, silver, strontium, sulfur, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thallium, thorium, thulium, tin, titanium, uranium, vanadium, wolfram, yttrium, ytterbium, zinc and zirconium.
Take 1-3 full serving per hour of exercise depending on the heat and intensity of your work out to maintain electrolyte balance.
For fastest results use the BASE Race Tubes and place salt directly under your tongue and allow it to begin dissolving directly into your system via oral transmission. 1-3 licks every 5 miles on the bike and every mile on the run. Click here to watch a short video on the best methods.
For best results and the most efficient recovery:
Combine two servings of BASE Electrolyte salt with two scoops of BASE Hydro and one scoop of BASE Amino per hour of exercise. We call this RocketFuel.
Replace your table salt with Base Electrolyte Salt to help maintain electrolyte balance and ensure good health. Use as you would your normal cooking salt and see the health benefits associated with pure crystalline salt.
Best athletic electrolyte supplement
Living and training in the desert, I often ran into low sodium issues. Base Electrolyte Salt has been my go-to for the past couple of years and solved my issues of completely bonking and crashing at races and in training. Easy to carry, easy to digest, effective.
Essential - Prevent Cramping, Improve Endurance
First time I used it after hiking from the Yosemite floor straight up rocks and steep inclines I cramped up 3/4 way the cables at Half Dome. Both legs locked up, I held on at very steep angle. A woman coming down stopped and gave me several licks. She gave more to carry for my decent. It works like nothing else out there! Second time I was in great need we had been hiking the Linville Gorge Wilderness area, super hot, and we could not find the trail around. We started to "Bushwhack" up the side of the Gorge, no trail, high steep step after another. We finally made to the road, but I had share my salt with two others that were cramping up, unable to move, in pain. We all made it. More recently my kids have started to run Ultramarathons - 100 milers and 50 milers. They and their other friends ALL insisted it more than helped them complete the run. The most recent run was Mt. Pilot to Hanging Rock, 50 miles, 4 that have never run that far before - and ALL took scoop after scoop to make it. From soccer tournaments to the outdoors - BASE you all are under selling yourselves.
It looks just like the pink salt I have in my kitchen. I hope it's more than that. It should last for a while.
Everyday pushes the limits. Everyday I prevent cramping and recover with Base salts
A+++++ Excellent product
I love these electrolyte salts. They are excellent.