BASE VIRTUAL DUATHLON
AUGUST 8TH - 9TH, 2020
2.5 MILE RUN / 12 MILE BIKE / 2.5 MILE RUN
We will email all registered participants on Thursday August 6th and Friday August 7th the link to upload your results.
With all of the events cancelling around the world, we need something to keep us motivated. So let's do a virtual Duathlon. I personally need this just to keep motivated.
- You can complete this race any way you would like, but I encourage you to complete it all as one segment. Should take between 90 minutes and 2.5 hours. You can do it.
- The week after the race we will mail you a T Shirt and a medal. And I promise you, if you want a medal to remember and look back upon this crazy summer, this will be the one you hold onto forever.
- Please feel free to register your kids as well.
- The $29 registration fee will get you an AMAZING and fun Medal and T Shirt, plus the cost to ship it all to you. Not trying to get rich on a $29 event.
- You can complete the distances at any time on Saturday or Sunday over the weekend. Either together or separate. Just go out and have some fun
- We will try to get small groups organized in each state
- FAQ -say one (some) of us is in the worst shape of our lives physically and kinda mentally, can we split this up over a couple of days and still have it count? - Absolutely. Not a problem at all.
IF YOU LIVE IN COLORADO AND WANT TO JOIN US
A group of us will be completing the distances together. We will have a mini transition set up at Tom Watson Park. I will email all of the registered participants to confirm who will meet up at the park.
- We will start by running 2 loops around Coot Lake. Transition will be your bike and gear sitting next to or inside your car in Tom Watson parking lot.
The bike ride is 12 miles, completely on your own. Police will not be out to stop traffic. Here are the directions:
- Exit Tom Watson and head north
- Ride north until you hit Nelson Road.
- Turn Right, East, until you reach 75th.
- T urn right and head south until the stop BEFORE after the pigs house.
- Turn right at Niwot Road.
- Continue straight until the stop sign at 63rd st
- Turn left on 63rd to head into Tom Watson
Run #2. Head back over to Coot Lake for 2 more loops around the lake.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK PROTECTION
My wife will actually be 39 weeks pregnant at this point (not racing) so I personally will be staying away from everyone. If 2 people show up to do this with me, fantastic. We can start the run 10 or 20 seconds apart. Fist bump at the end. Etc. Personally, I would love to see all of my friends, but I won't be hugging anyone.
Masks or face coverings will be required at all times except while you are running or riding the bike. Safety first.
If you join, we would love it. Just please exercise safety with regards to how you feel comfortable. We will have (2) 10x10 tents set up in the parking lot. It will be amazing to see others out there joining, but please do not feel obligated.