BASE Camp Florida 2019
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This is a FUN FOCUSED camp where you get to meet and spend time with your other BASE Teammates. This is a social camp for people who like to drink wine, have fun, and train a little. This is not an ego camp go crush the person next to you. Except when we are doing some sets in the pool. Then it's game on.
Event details and schedule
- $120 - register by December 25, 2018
- $150 - register December 26 - January 15, 2019
- $200 - register January 16 - January 31, 2019
- No registrations after February 1 - we have to ship all items to camp
- Camp is ONLY for BASE team members and Partner Teams
Includes: Group led training sessions. 1 BASE Camp T-Shirt. 1 bag of BASE Hydro. Swim lane reservation.
We are trying to provide these camps to our BASE team members as economically as possible, but in doing so we have to prevent everyone signing up and canceling at the last minute. Hence the reason for a small fee. We need to provide accurate numbers to the pool in order for us to have lane reservations. The National Training Center which is hosting our swim workouts charges $15 / camper per day. Hence that is where the bulk of your registration money is applied. We are also bringing in coaches to assist and help. If you register and at the last minute you cannot attend, you will NOT receive a refund on your payment or the product as we will have had to use the money to secure non refundable lane space in the pools. You DO have the ability to transfer your registration to someone else if you are not able to attend. I set this up in Active so that you can do it.
We are sorry but there are NO discounts. The pool charges us the full amount. We are not able to tell them "well we only had 96 swimmers in the water today and not 100, so can we get a $15 / person discount"
This camp will be a ZONE 1 effort camp where we have fun and get in some fun mileage. We will be swimming for 90 minutes each of the 4 days. We will never do anything harder than a Zone 2 effort. Except for some sprints in the pool. We will do some climbing at Sugar Loaf mountain. It's a big hill.
If you go to Air BNB, you will see a lot of homes for rent about 10 minutes away from the NTC. This is where we should all stay, in the same neighborhood.
Most workouts will be at or start / finish at the National Triathlon Training Center (NTC)
The address is:
1935 Don Wickham Drive. Clermont, FL 34711
You will fly into Orlando International Airport. It is about a 30 minute drive. You will want to leave Clermont 3 hours before your flight on Sunday. Due to Disney, you want to get to the airport no less than 2 hours early. Trust me.
Training Schedule: All workouts are optional, below is what is scheduled. NOTHING HARD. ALL FUN.
- 6:00 pm - welcome party / packet pickup at Home BASE
- 7:30 - 8:00 - EASY group 3 ish mile run. Meet at NTC (Pool)
- 8:15 - 9:30 - Swim
- 10:00 - 10:30 - Coffee with Kelly at the pool for everyone to discuss how to be a super fast athlete
- 12:00 - 2:00 - Bike. Nothing too hard. Just fun group ride. Flat.
- 6:00 - dinner as a group at Home BASE, Catered $20 / person from Texas Roadhouse
- 7:00 - BASE Professional Triathlete Panel
- 8:00 - 10:00 - Swim.
- 12:00 - 3:00 - Bike / Run Workout with hills for bike. A hill, multiple times.
- 6:00 - dinner as a group at Home BASE, Catered, $15 / person
- 7:00 - Quintana Roo will speak about aerodynamics on the bike
- 8:00 - Bike: however long you would like to ride. We will be split into groups. Meet at Waterfront Park. 330 3rd St, Clermont, FL 34711
- ALL RIDES ARE ON WEST ORANGE TRAIL, OUT AND BACK
- Group 1 - 2 Hours out, 2 Hours Back
- Group 2 - 1.5 Hours out, 1.5 Hours Back
- Group 3 - 1 Hour Out, 1 Hour Back
- Group 4 - Follow Meehan to the Restaurant, get food, hang out, Ride Back
- 5:00 - dinner as a group at Home BASE, Catered, $15 / person
- 7:00 - recap of how the camp is going so far.
- 8:00 - Run: However long you would like to run. We will do this at Famous Clermont Clay Trail (10 mile loop or out and back)
- 11:00 - 12:30 - swim, optional at the pool
- 1:00 - 5:00 - hang out at the beach at the lake with paddle boards
- 6:00 - group dinner at Carraba's for those of you who are still in town
- 7:00 - recap of the weekends events
We will be putting in 2,500 - 3,500 yards per swim workout. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. - you are not required to go this far. Most of our sets will be 25's, 50's and a few 100's. You will be in a lane with people of your speed. We have 21 lanes reserved. So we will not be crowded.
- We will Ride Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We will not ride Sunday.
- Ride leaders will lead their speed groups. Within the group, it is a NO DROP RIDE. Period. Meaning, if someone in your group get's a flat, the ENTIRE GROUP STOPS TO HELP. There will be one hammer group, but that is it. These are social rides to get to know one another.
Run: Our runs will never be hard. No track. No speedwork. Fun social runs. Friday will be exciting and different, but we will never race each other running.
Campers should arrive Wednesday at any time so they are prepared to go Thursday morning at 7:30 AM. We will do team dinners every night.
The focus of the camp is to train in the morning, have fun in the afternoon / evening and get to know other people.
Partners such as Quintana Roo and Normatec will be providing us with demonstrations.
Matt and a few others will give a clinic to those who want to learn how to break down / pack their bike for airline travel
If you look at the image below, I HIGHLY recommend that you rent a house with a group of friends. It will save you a ton of money and be a lot more fun. Starting on Wednesday December 12th, we will start an online type house bid on the Team Facebook Page. Matt will rent a house, and then the first people to pay him via paypal will get into that house. We keep doing this until everyone has a room in a house unless you want to do a hotel.
There are a few homes remaining which are close. Do NOT go all the way down to Disney. These homes here will book fast.
We will have each house outfitted with 2 sets of Normatec boots so you can recover each night.
Quintana Roo will be on site with Bike Rentals. I Highly recommend this. If you fly, it will cost you $300 round trip to bring your bike. Plus you will have to pack it and put it together. QR will rent you one for $250 for the entire time. It will be ready by the time you get there. If after camp you decide to purchase a brand new QR, you will receive an additional $250 credit on top of your BASE Team Deal Discount.
CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT INFO ON RENTING A Quintana Roo Bike
We have a room block at the Hampton Inn Clermont which includes wifi, breakfast, and parking. This hotel is walking distance to all of our training, so you actually can take an Uber from Airport to hotel if you do not want to rent a car. Room is normally $199 / night, our block is $159 / night. Block is BASE Performance when you call in for room block.
Below is the email I received direct from the hotel.
It was a pleasure speaking with you. I am currently doing a courtesy hold of 10 rooms for Arriving 02/27/19 and Departing on 03/03/19 under Base Performance at the discounted rate of $159/night. Your guests have until January 10, 2019 to book under Base Performance to receive that discount. After that date any unused rooms will be released and no further discounts will be offered.
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont
2200 East Highway 50
Clermont, Florida 34711
We have a room block at the Home 2 Suites Hotel, which is suites. 1 King Bed $169 / night plus tax. 2 Queen Beds $179 / night plus tax. Call the hotel 352-227-2900 and the room is under BASE Performance Block.
What you will need:
Swim: Swim Paddles, Buoy, Goggles, BASE Cap.
Bike: Bike, Helmet, Sunglasses, Endurance Shield Sunblock, Shoes
Run: Running Shoes, Run Gear, Endurance Shield Sun Block
Nutrition: You will only be provided with one bag of Hydro. I recommend you bring your own training food such as BASE Bars.
- How do I get into a group house with others?
- Starting on Wednesday December 5th, Matt will be on the BASE Team Facebook page and will post houses he rents and then will open up the rooms which you will pay via paypal to him
- How do I pay for Team Dinners
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday we will have team dinners at Home BASE. These are $15 each. You will paypal this to matt at a later date
- What is Home BASE For camp
- Home BASE is the house that Matt and Lauralee rented. It is on a lake and is 5 acres. All team dinners will be here, as well as the welcome party Wednesday night.
- Address: 10350 Log House Road Clermont FL 34711
- Click HERE To View Pics Of Home BASE For Camp
- Code of Conduct
- We are all adults. This is a fun camp. In 2018, we had a blast. Some people drank very little, some people drank a lot. Please do not do anything that will get anyone in trouble. Unless you're a twin, then you can hop a fence
BELOW ARE SOME STATS FROM 2018 FLORIDA CAMP